Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Birthday Party




My parents told me I could decide who would come to my birthday party this year. I carefully considered who I wanted to come. We addressed the invites and then my mom started to act weird.




"Ethan, why didn't you want to invite these kids?" She asked while pointing to a few names that were left off the list. Well, I had my reasons, and I told her what they were. She pressed on, "Yes, but I am afraid that they might find out you didn't invite them once all the other kids at school start talking about the party. And then what? What will you say to the one's who weren't invited?"




Then she had an idea to role play. "Okay Ethan, you be Ethan, and I am going to be Mary - one of the girls you didn't invite."




"Oh hi Ethan!" my mom said, "I heard you had such a fun birthday party and I was just wondering why I didn't get invited to your party? "




I replied to her "What birthday party? I didn't have a party."

No comments:

Post a Comment